Wednesday, September 12, 2012

36 weeks 4 days

So far my OB appointments have been pretty boring lately. That is until today. Today was my first weekly appointment. I was so excited! My doctor knows I'm a nurse and that I am on my feet all day doing manual labor. So when I asked her to check me she said she would. Right beforehand, I told her that I'm probably not dilated at all but I just wanted the piece of mind. You can imagine my surprise when she said "You're already 3 cm dilated and 85% effaced! A gust of wind could put you into labor. Be sure to start keeping track of your contractions." ahhhh! No way!! She said i looked like a kid on Christmas morning. Haha! What she doesn't know is I've been extra sensitive and emotional this past week. I hate feeling like this and I want my old self back. (and so does Matt let me tell you...LOL) I've having a lot of Braxton Hicks but nothing concrete or consistent. She said she didn't want me having Sawyer just yet because 36 or 37 weeks is a tad early and apparently baby boys don't do as good if they are born early. She said once I've completed week 37, I am free to try and help myself go into labor. So I have a week before it's ok if I TRY and have this baby. If he decides to come earlier he'll be ok but not as healthy as other babies are at 40 weeks. I'm not worried. Totally out of my control.

Here is the Signs of Labor list I used with Addy:

As of Wed September 12th 2012-

1. Nesting Instinct.... Yes! Last week I cleaned out the kitchen pantry, Sawyers closet AND our master closet. Lots of work! But they all look great. Addy's closet, both cars and both bathrooms is on the agenda this weekend...
2. Braxton Hicks Contractions....LOTS!!!! Especially while I am at work doing a lot of bending, lifting and pushing/pulling. And whenever I pick up Addy, which I'm not supposed to do, but sometimes I have too! 
3. Dropping/Lightening...Big time!!! EVERYONE at work as commented that I am "so low" or that "he's dropped so much"! I can tell he has cause I have no trouble at all breathing like I did with Addy and also because every time I sit down my belly rests on my thighs. Not normal...lol.
4. Changes in Cervix....Yes!! 3 cm dilated. 85% effaced!!!!
5. Increased vaginal Discharge/loosing mucus plug.....nope
6. Rupture of Membranes.....Nope (happens in 10% of women)
7. Labor Contractions....Not yet.
Even though technically I could stay at 3 cm for another couple weeks, I'm thinking that this labor will be a lot better then the first time around with Addy. Which gives me hope. My pregnancy with Addy was easier in general but labor was more difficult. I'm hoping it's the opposite this time, difficult pregnancy...easy labor! My OB doc moved up my Ultrasound to next Wednesday. I will be glad to see how big she thinks he is! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you!!! I'm so jealous lol I am only 32 1/2 weeks! Oh and I ordered a pretty pink hospital gown that you put on your blog. Thanks for doing that, I love it!!! Good luck, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanna! So glad you ordered the hospital gown! I didn't order it in time and I didn't want to risk it getting here AFTER Sawyer got here. Make sure and take pictures of you in it so I can see what it looks like! haha. I enjoy keeping up with you guys through your blog!

      Delete