Sunday, September 2, 2012

Don't forget

Ok I just heard this little tidbit of advice that I don't want to forget so I'm writing it down. When Addy comes to meet baby Sawyer for the first time in the hospital, it is important that I'm not the one holding him. It's important that she can run to mommy and get a big hug and kiss and maybe some snuggle time and THEN get a chance to see Sawyer for the first time as HER baby brother. Letting her do things that make her feel included and in control instead of someone who is the last to know since this can be a very emotional moment for a toddler. Introducing the baby slowly and allowing them a choice is always the best idea... " would you like to hold your baby brother" or " would you like to put a hat on the baby?" I am so excited for her to see him for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment