Sunday, April 7, 2013

So, How have you been?


Gasp! I know you're surprised that I'm actually blogging.... It's been three months. Ridiculous. I know. 

The reality is, having two kids is very different then having one kid.  Working full time while my husband is the stay at home parent usually means he needs a break when I get home (understandably so) and my kids need to spend some much needed time with mommy. So I literally do not have even a moment of spare time in the afternoon to do any blogging. 

We started putting the kids to bed earlier to buy us some alone time as a couple (so important!!).  Sawyer now goes down at 8:15 and Addy around 8:30. Addy always stalls till 8:45 but it really has helped.  Getting up at 4:45am for work really messes you up if you don't go to bed early so I have to strategically plan out my nights. 

Two major things happened since we had little Sawyer. 

Numero Uno:  We decided I was going to get an ablation and my tubes tied. It is a big decision but we never really agonized about whether or not it was the right decision for us. Some of our friends have struggled lately with whether or not to be done and I totally understand why. Since the surgery, I have never given it a second thought. I'm so glad we did it. I am in love with my two sweet children! I am so glad I don't have to worry about periods any more!! 

Numero Dos: We turned 30!!!! Holy Cow!! A new era has begun. We are now "mature parents" who spend their Friday nights going to the grocery store as a family. Some might say all the "fun stuff" is over. Getting engaged, getting married, buying your first house...having your first kid.  We can now sit back a relax.... right? Ummm wait. I think I'm thinking of turning 50.  (my parents are having the time of their lives in the 50's!) Now is NOT the time to relax. In fact, life is crazy at the moment. hahaha! 

Both of these changes had a lot to do with our decision to completely change how we eat and how we get exercise.  During my most recent pregnancy, I gained pretty much the same as I did with my first pregnancy. About 40 lbs. I never got cankles, but instead I got; puffy lips, nose and cheeks and a huge belly. I literally looked like I had a allergic reaction to something my face is so swollen. Yes I have pictures to prove it. 

My husband also put on weight during this pregnancy (the first time pregnancy he actually lost a whole bunch, like seriously, 50lbs. lot - how rude right?!). We never worked out cause I was so exhausted all the time and was nauseated so bad that I really just ate anything that sounded appetizing. I worked full time up until the day I delivered Sawyer. And I don't have a desk job. I have a very physical job that includes running around, lifting obese people and heavy extremities. Needless to say, it was a long and hard pregnancy. I don't even think I took a nap or relaxed at all.


All that to say. We decided to make a change. A real one. No, not a "new years resolution", this months fad diet, or some crazy "juice detox" (aka starving yourself). A real, life change. No more excuses. Everyone knows your metabolism changes as you get older and it's a lot harder to loose weight/get into shape. And since I know I'll never get fat with another pregnancy again. I have no excuses left. The more you ignore it, the worse it gets. The more unhealthy you get, the harder it is to get healthy! 

I have to put my kids to bed but I will post all about the steps we took to get our bodies back on my next post! We have done a lot of research. I can't wait to share with you what has been working for us and what has not!

No comments:

Post a Comment