Saturday, September 1, 2012

Chill Woman

Sometimes you just have to remind yourself to take a step back and get some perspective....and sometimes your husband does it for you...

"Katie, take a chill-a-cycline". 

LOL. I respond well to up-front, pure and simple advice without being around the bush. My husband has become good at it over the years.

With regards to this sleeping situation with Addy, my research via both internet and friends has been that I'm looking way too much into this. This is a temporary problem that will work itself out eventually  and is VERY common with 2 and 3 year olds apparently. I thought it was just because of the new baby coming soon but maybe not. One thing I do know is locking her in the room has been counterproductive. We won't be doing that again. Each child is different and responds to different forms of persuasion.

So for now, we are just going-with-the-flow. Im not going to sweat the small stuff.  We put Addy in her bed after rocking her around 9. Then if she comes into our room during the night (around 1:00 almost every night...) we just put her in bed with us. The only problem with this is Addy likes to toss and turn and sleep horizontally. haha! So not even a king sized bed is big enough when you sleep with a kid like that!!! Most of the time Matt leaves and goes and sleeps on the couch during the night cause he gets kicked in the face etc. I hate this! Not only because it is very uncomfortable to sleep on the couch all night,  (and he deserves a good nights sleep) but I want him with me! He really does sacrifice a lot. Especially right now, I always have something I need him to do. Which is not like me. I'm usually very independent and self sufficient. Not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment