Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hola friends!

What was I thinking starting a new blog right when I had another baby? and working full time? I think I was in denial ( those pregnancy hormones....) as to how busy/exhausted I would be EVERY SINGLE DAY. Haha!

I just got home from work and my house is so quiet....this is not the usual. Addy is at my moms playing and Sawyer is asleep and Matt is playing Madden so finally I have some free time to blog!!!! We are grilling out chicken tonight so I don't really have anything to prepare for for dinner. Yipee!

Here's the latest since it's been a MONTH. I'll be brief.....

1. Sawyer is the most smilie baby ever. He laughs from his gut and is super ticklish. I hated disliked greatly the newborn stage and since he is 3ish months now, he's no longer a newborn and I love it!!!!!  He is sleeping about 4-5 hours at a time at night and I feel like a normal person again!!! It took a lot longer to feel normal again (emotionally and mentally) after I had Addy so thank you Lord!

2. Addy loves to hang out with Sawyer. I can tell she wishes he was older so she could actually play with him. She wants to take baths with him and help him old a rattle etc. It's super cute. I can't wait till he's older.

3. Sawyer likes me better then Matt (haha!) cause he loves to cuddle and be held.  Addy never really liked to be held. She liked to swing. Addy responds better to Matt then she does with me. It's an even trade... I like it. haha.

4. The holidays were here and gone before we knew it. I tried to do the "Santa" thing but I wasn't very good at it. Matt was much better liar at explaining it. I just felt like I was lying to her. I never believed in Santa although it is a fun concept and I don't mind playing it up with cookies and milk etc. Next year she will probably get into it more. This year she was kinda confused about this random stranger who supposedly brought her gifts but whom she never actually met. haha.

5. I stopped breastfeeding a week or two ago. I just couldn't keep up at work OR at home. The second I  would walk in the door there was so much to do. I didn't have time to sit down and do nothing for 30+ min. I would go like 9 hrs without pumping at all during the day at work and then I'd get home and immediately start dinner and spend time with addy and before I knew it it was time for bed and I hadn't pumped in like 12 hrs. After a month of doing that you start to dry up. Work was good about letting me pump once a day which was great but to really keep up a good supply, you have to pump more often then every 9 hrs. Getting Sawyer 3 full months of antibodies was good with me. It was emotionally sad to stop and I loved the snuggle time. I told Matt that I will miss having such an awesome "superpower" that no one else had. BUT I make time everyday to snuggle with him regardless.

6. Random: I'm so glad BOTH my kids have dimples. That is what first attracted me to Matt and I really wanted my kids to get that gene. Sawyer has two and Addy has one. Isn't that the weirdest thing? I'm weird. Tell me something I don't know.

7. I'm about 10 lbs from my pre-Sawyer weight.  I"m about 20 lbs from my pre-Addy weight that I weighed on my honeymoon.  I still can't fit into any of my favorite skinny jeans which I wear a lot during the winter with my boots. Sooo, I figured out how to get around this problem.... I went to motherhood maternity and bought size small maternity skinny jeans. They fit PERFECTLY. I have chicken legs (as matt affectionally calls them)  and about a 16 week baby bump still on me. My regular skinny jeans fit fine until I get to my belly. Which is why small maternity jeans fit great and no one knows they are maternity! My boots look great with them and they are so comfortable! They are the perfect pants that will bridge the gap until I can squeeze my belly into my pre-prego jeans. I'm a genius. Remember ladies, it takes 9 months to put on the weight so it's normal for it to take 9 months to get it off. Actually, my doctor told me it takes a woman's body takes a full year to return to "normal" although we all know that our bodies never actually completely return. Which is why God created PLACTIC SURGERY!!!! Hahahhahahhahahahaha! Just kidding. kinda...

Dang Sawyer is up! Gotta go!



No comments:

Post a Comment